Mortgage Loan Document Imaging
PCLender offers significant advantages over stand-alone imaging applications. Our integrated solution identifies necessary file documentation right from loan origination and creates a “virtual” file for loan processing. This file is accessible for the life cycle of the loan and is designed to allow centralized or outsourced key activities for processing, underwriting, or loan closing. Additionally, our unique system “views” simplify the delivery of investor files to the secondary market and offer a superior solution for file archiving.
Imaging views create a virtual loan file that identifies required documentation and sorts the images according to the user’s role in the loan process. Moreover, security rights are implemented to filter documents for users to access on authorized documentation for specific loans. Online portals allow borrowers or broker partners to see outstanding document requirements and submit them online.
Integrated Document Management Summary
Integrating document management within the LOS provides new levels of efficiency for loan processing, underwriting, investor delivery, and file archiving. Imaging allows lenders to create a virtual file, starting with the loan prequalification process. Documents are requested, added, and managed within each transaction based on the user’s role and responsibility within the life cycle of a loan.
- Web-based storage allows all authorized users to load and view documents via a fully hosted system
- Print form library and document vendor partners have barcoded forms to automate the file indexing process
- Rules-based logic identifies when specific images are needed based on the data identified in the loan. Administration rights allow lenders to build custom automated file documentation requirements
- PCLender does not require proprietary scanning hardware. Acceptable file formats include PDF and TIF. Once received, these files may be managed within the imaging platform for proper linking, approval and storage
- Documents are linked to loan status and conditions specific to loan requirements based on integrated rules for product type, loan information and investor delivery requirements
- Security rights may be assigned to view, load or clear documents based on a user’s role within a loan transaction
- Automated indexing features provide the ability to create multiple stacking sheet views for processing, investor delivery, or audit purposes
- Tools are provided to organize and approve documents within the virtual file with easy drag-and-drop or icon features
- Images may be viewed on a “clipboard” basis to create a virtual file while working within a loan transaction
- Images may be archived online or on the lender’s drive for long-term file storage
- Permits originators to easily link images such as pay stubs, W-2s or bank statements for centralized review by the processing and underwriting departments
- Allows all documents required for electronic delivery to the investor to be managed and exported for streamlined distribution
- Provides simplified document search for closed, cancelled, and denied transactions (critical for regulatory audits)
- Creates a streamlined process for access to outsourcing solutions such as contract processing, underwriting, or quality control reviews
- Simplifies implementation and training steps for immediate system integration and use
- Reduces copy, overnight delivery and storage expenses associated with hard copy files